Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy to Clipboard Failed

Dear All,

I dont know whether I should be asking this problem in AUTOLISP forum but sorry, I do not have any other place to ask.

Whenever I select some objects in an AUTOCAD drawing and Press Ctrl+C to copy them for taking it to any other file, it gives error "COPY TO CLIPBOARD FAILED."

However, this error is not for all the files but in some of the files. After much tweaking and researching on my own, I found out that this happens in files in which I have set viewports in LAYOUT. When i delete the entire LAYOUT by right Click + Delete, and then go to MODEL and do Ctrl+C, the copy to clipboard happens in normal way.

Can you please tell me why do I get the error when I have set viewports in LAYOUT ?

Originally posted by mailmaverick View Post
    Can you please tell me why do I get the error when I have set viewports in LAYOUT ?
    Hi ,

What do you mean by set viewports in Layout and how do you do that to let it be clear to understand the process ?

Thanks
    Get learn and learn and practice , to become experienced guy .

Comment

Kindly see the file attached. When i select the rectangle in Model and Press Ctrl+C, it gives error "COPY TO CLIPBOARD FAILED."

Kindly help
      Attached Files

Comment

It does not give any error at all .
        Get learn and learn and practice , to become experienced guy .

Comment

But in My AUTOCAD 2013, I get the error.

Which version of AUTOCAD are you using ?

I would request other users kindly check and let us know.

Comment

It also failed for me the first time. But there was a pjg file from a previoius application in the clipboard. I did a copy and paste in Excel, came back to the drawing, then the copy to clipboard was ssuccessful.

Comment

Working...
            X